UniHack Biz will focus on issues and opportunities that directly impact commercial results in businesses. You will be required to develop business proposals and plans with tangible commercial impact. We will evaluate these outputs in terms of commercial potential, feasibility, innovativeness, and other relevant criteria.
You will go through an intensive 5-day program for Phase-1. The top teams will be invited to join Phase-2 where you will be closely mentored to develop your solution, through bi-weekly review sessions and skill-clinics.
PROBLEM STATEMENTS *RELEASED*:
- Develop a business that balances profit with purpose. This should be a social enterprise that is feasible and profitable but values impact and focuses to solve one of the UN Sustainability Goals.
- Outline a business plan to turnaround one of the listed companies that are currently in distress (Debenhams, Peacock, Jessops, Paperchase, Bon Marche).
SESSIONS - All sessions (excluding drop-ins/socials) will be recorded:
- Phase-1 Launch: https://vimeo.com/627291954
- Skill Session - Business Model Canvas: https://vimeo.com/627451951
- Skill Session - Innovation: https://vimeo.com/630219612
- BUPA and Personal Energy: https://vimeo.com/631845426
- Phase-2 Launch: https://vimeo.com/637060033
- Skill Session - Design Thinking: https://vimeo.com/637838265
- Skill Session - Presentation Skills: Upcoming - check ProjectStudio calendar for details
- Edwards Keynote: Upcoming - check ProjectStudio calendar for details
- Phase 2 Finale: Upcoming - check ProjectStudio calendar for details
UniHack 2021 Page: https://projectset.com/unihack-2021
Join our Discord server to keep up to date: https://discord.gg/vaQsH26Msj
Come Join Us!
Need Any Help?
Phone Number: +44 (0)20 7112 8920
Business plan / Business case
Word document or report
Opens on 18 Aug 2021 | 12:00 pm
Closes on 08 Oct 2021 | 10:59 pm
Starts on 09 Oct 2021 | 10:59 pm
Ends on 13 Oct 2021 | 04:00 pm
Results on 18 Oct 2021
Starts on 19 Oct 2021 | 04:00 pm
Ends on 29 Oct 2021 | 01:00 pm
Results on 29 Oct 2021
*all times are UTC
All students are eligible, regardless of field of study and no tech skills are required.
You must be a student currently enrolled in a University. If you are a recent graduate interested in signing up (graduating 2019 onwards) please email us at ... email@example.com
You can work with friends, or new people, from your university or across different universities.
We expect you to commit about 3-6 hours per week, which you can balance around your studies.
2 to 5
Areas of SpecialisationOpen to all
Our evaluation panel will use the following criteria to score and rate the teams:
Quality of Pitch
Common questions answered
Please get in touch if you have further questions.
For this walkthrough, Georgie teaches us how to register to a ProjectSet hackathon, and how to get started with team allocation. Will you be entering the hackathon with a team of your own? Or will you be collaborating with new students?
Don't have an account already? For this tutorial, Georgie walks us through the sign-up process and guides us each step of the way, including all of the details you can show off to future employers! Sign up to get started now.